- Raising awareness and influencing policy and decision making to the importance of improving water efficiency as a cost-effective option contributing to a more sustainable water management in the GCC countries.
- Identifying challenges and opportunities in improving water efficiency under the prevailing socio-economic, environmental, cultural, and political conditions in the GCC countries.
- Facilitating an open scientific discussion platform to share knowledge and experiences between researchers, executives, decision and policy makers, private sector, and other stakeholders, on improving water efficiency in the various water supply and consuming sectors in the GCC countries.
- Identifying scientific and technological research needs and priorities in the field of water efficiency to aid the process of policies formulation and decision making in the GCC countries.
- Building a research and experience exchange network between individuals, institutes, civil society/NGOs and private sector in the GCC countries, other countries in the Arab region, and beyond in the field of water efficiency.