PHD in Hydrogeology, Sultan Qaboos University,2016 (Characterization of Groundwater and Aflaj Water in Northern Oma, Hydrochemical and Isotopic Approach)
Master Degree in Hydrogeology, Sultan Qaboos University, 2009.
B.SC.Geology, Sultan Qaboos University 1992.
July 10th 2016 -present Assistant Director General for Assessment and Monitoring, Directorate General for Assessment, Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources
2004- July 2016 Director, Water Resources Monitoring Dept., Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources
2003-2004 Director, Water Resources Affairs Dept, Directorate General of Regional Municipalities, Environment &Water Resources Ad Dhahirah Region.
2001-2003 Director, Ibri Municipality Office, Ad Dhahirah Region.
2000-2001 Director, Water Resources Dept, (Ministry of Water Resources) Ad Dahirah Region
1996-2000 Director, Water resources Affairs Dept, As Sharqiyah Region.
1992-1996 Hydrologist, Ministry of Regional Municipalities, Environment & Water resources.
Training Courses , workshops and conferences
- A lot of training courses related to water recourses in the Sultanate and outside
- Participating in different workshops and conferences like
- Third Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (Kuala Lumpur December 2008)
- panel on tropical cyclones (36th session, Muscat March 2009)
- first international conference on tropical cyclones in Indian Ocean and climate change (Sultan Qaboos University- March 2009)
- Workshop in integrated flood management (western Asia and Arab World)-(Tehran- May, 2009)
- Water Governance for Future Leaders, Module 1 Abu Dhabi June, 2009)
- Work shop on risk assessment and flash flood mitigation strategies (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia- August 200
- Water Governance for Future Leaders, Module 2 (High performance leadership course-Abu Dhabi November, 2009)
- Water Governance for Future Leaders, Module 2 (High performance leadership course- Jordan February, 2010)
- Oman water society symposiums (cyclone 1-2011, cyclone 2-2012, Cyclone3 -2013, Water resources in Musandam -2013, water for Sustainable tourism, Niswa-2013) and other activities
- Committees and meetings
- Member in committee of supervision and following of the work plan related to the cooperation agreement between the Sultanate and the Governmental International Oceanic committee (UNESCO) for establishment the Early Warning Multihazard center in the Sultanate (2009-2011)
- Member in national committee of hydrology program- reporter of the program (2007-2011)
- Expert group Meeting G-Wadi Meeting and Flash Flood Risk Management September 24-27, 2011
- Ministry representative in water resources committee in Economic and Social committee for Western Asia (ESCWA) 22-25 March 20011
- Organizing for the conferences and workshops (two with SQU and one with Regional center in Urban water management (UNESCO)
- Board member of Water & Sciences and Technology Association GCC 2011 up to date
- Board member of Oman Water Society, Board Secretary March, 2016 - present
- Member of scientific committee, Oman water Society, 2010- present
- Member and Secretary of the Board of Directors Al Hamra Development $Services company (LLC) 2011-2016
- Ministry Representative in Water Resources Committee, United Nation Economic and Social commission (ESCWA) 2016 – present
- National coordinator for Millennium Goals Initiative (MDG+ ) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- National coordinator for saline intrusion assessment and determining the recharge areas in Costal Aquifers (supervised by International Energy and Atomic Agency, IAEA)
P.O.Box77, Postal code 617
E-mail: Rashid70y@yahoo.com , Rashid70y@gmail.com